For those not somewhere spring breakin’ or just have some free time to spend with your other-other play family, we’ll be meeting for breakfast at Johnny’s Restaurant at 4800 Roland Avenue (down the street from Gilman) this Saturday, 4/15/17. We’ll be meeting at 8:51 AM until 10:30-10:45 AM.
We understand that it’s Easter weekend and some of you are on Spring Break. That being said, we have 12 spots available. First-come-first-serve. Send a professional sounding email RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join us. We’ll let you know if you’re cool enough (read “quick enough”) to join us.
We will NOT be meeting again until Saturday, 4/15/17. However, next week, you all will receive an email invitation to join our March Madness tournament bracket pool. It’s for free and for fun. We encourage everyone to join.
SENIORS: We would like to help you figure out your next steps, whatever those may be. Please, complete the form below. Remember, there should be no shame and there will be no judgement. We just want to be informed and, most importantly, help you no matter where you stand.
We will be meeting on Saturday, 3/4/17, at Gilman in Centennial Hall. Usual starting time but ending at 1:30 PM. This is our last weekly session (but we ain’t “never finished”). This is our annual “The Business of Being You.” Both breakfast and lunch will be served. Make sure you REALLY bring your A+++ game for That’s My Jam.
For planning purposes:
- Saturday, 4/15/17, will be our next “gathering”
- Community Service project in May 2017
- Closing reception in May 2017
- 2017-2018 Current Student applications will be due in June 2017
OPTIONAL assignment: Check your email for a challenge assignment with a cash prize.
On Saturday, 2/25/17, we will be hosting our annual collaborative session with the Baltimore Educational Scholarship Trust (B.E.S.T.). This year’s topic will be “Professional Etiquette, Networking & Interviewing.” As always, it will be an informative and very interactive experience. It’s what we do.
1) This session will conclude at 1:00 PM. We will be meeting in our normal location (Centennial Hall). Breakfast and lunch will be served.
2) We will be hosting additional students so you all are expected to serve as gracious hosts. Arrive early to help ensure everyone gets to the right location. Casual (normal) dress code is in effect.
3) This is our next to last WEEKLY session. Next Saturday, 3/4/17, will the last and will end at 1:30 PM.
We will be visiting Bowie State University (Bowie, MD) this Saturday, 2/18/17. This trip is from Baltimore (Gilman) to Bowie, MD and will be from 8:33 AM to 3:00 PM. Seats will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Since there will be a community service project, the dress code is Business Casual (clean, comfortable non-athletic). DRESS WARM for when we go from building to building.
If possible, please considering bringing for donation any of the following items:
- Peanut butter
- Sandwich bags
- Brown paper bags
- Plastic gloves
- Mini bottled water
- Packaged lunch meat
- Condiments (mayo + mustard)
- Plastic knives